Wednesday, August 26, 2026

TOP FIVE SOURCES


New York Times: New York Times feels trustworthy compared to a lot that's out there. The articles go more in depth and explain the full story instead of a quick headline that leaves out context. I like that it is run by actual journalists who fact check their work, so I don't have to worry about whether something's true or not. I'd recommend it to other people my age because it's a good way to understand what's going on in the world, not just skim the surface. It takes more time to read than scrolling on social media, but I think it's worth it. 


TikTok: TikTok makes keeping up with the news so much easier when i'm busy or don't feel like reading a whole article. Creators break things down in a quick simple way that's easy to actually understand and remember. It's also an easy way to see what everyone's talking about or what's trending that day. I'd recommend it to people who want a quick overview, but also don't rely on it as much on it as your only source since anyone can post anything and it's not always accurate. 


Instagram: Instagram is already part of my daily routine, so news pops up naturally through reels, stories, or infographics from accounts I already follow. It doesn't feel like extra effort to stay updated since I am already on the app. I like that a lot of the accounts turn complicated topics into simple graphics that are easy to read quickly. I'd recommend it to people who want a casual low effort way to stay in the loop. But just like TikTok, I always try to double check anything important somewhere more reliable. 


Youtube: Youtube videos can go way more in depth than a quick post or clip can. I can watch full interviews, breakdowns, or explainer videos that actually help me understand a topic instead of just hearing about it in passing. It feels more personal since I can hear someone's tone and see their reactions, which helps me process the information better. I'd recommend it to people who like taking things in visually or who want more context on a story. 


Friends and Family: Getting news from friends and family feels more real and personal than reading it from a screen. It comes with actual conversation, so I get to hear different opinions and think through things instead of accepting whatever I read. It helps me understand how certain news affects people I know, not just strangers or statistics. I'd recommend talking to the people close to you about current events because it makes you think more critically and see different perspectives.       


No comments:

Post a Comment